Alan Wilmot represents clients in various matters relating to sports, entertainment, gaming, intellectual property, contracts, and brand development.
- Filing trademark applications for numerous clients for the protection and enforcement of their brand, some including:
- Evlution Nutrition (EVL) – an industry leader in the providing of dietary and nutritional supplements relating to energy and endurance during training, recovery, lean body support, and overall health;
- Athletes such as Fred Van Vleet, Draymond Green, Michael Badgley, Johnny Manziel, Terrell Owens, and Braxton Miller; and
- Famed college basketball announcer, Bill Raftery
- Handling USPTO Office Actions and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings for the opposing or cancellation of registrations
- Drafting Cease and Desist Demands to third parties infringing or violating trademark / intellectual property rights
- Drafting endorsement and sponsorship agreements, including brand ambassador agreements for companies looking to promote engagement through partnerships with celebrities and public figures;
- Reviewing distribution agreements and other event contracts for big time productions.
- Negotiating licensing and partnership agreements with entities such as the NFL, MLS, NFLPA, MLBPA, NBPA, and TikTok
- Preparing employment, independent contractor, confidentiality, and other company agreements for start-ups and business owners
Esports / Gaming / Consulting and Analysis
- Researching and drafting Market Value Predictions and Contract Analysis for the purpose of determining current and/or future value for professional athletes such as Patrick Beverley, Jeff Teague, Nigel Bradham, Jordan Reed, Evander Kane, Robin Lehner, Wayne Rooney, and countless other NBA, NFL, MLB, and MLS athletes
- Providing legal opinions for payment processing and other approval measures for sweepstakes, fantasy sports, esports, and skill gaming platforms and operators, such as:
- Monkey Knife Fight
- Hold Gaming (Blackjack Fire)
- World Series of Golf
- JOCK MKT
- BVG Dragon Technology S.A.
- Quarter Poker
- Junglee Games Esports
- Papaya Gaming